Do you usually hire a vehicle for your business or personal trips? If you do, then how often do you hire a vehicle? Do you stick to only one company or do you have other options? Pretty that you are aware about different vehicle for hire companies in town, right? Sometimes, if we have too many options with different good deals, we find it difficult to choose the best.
Most Vehicle for Hire companies have their official websites and it is where you can get information about their promotional offers. This is the reason why many customers today are booking online. It is indeed the most convenient way of reserving a vehicle for your trips. Anyway, we have here a few tips for you to know when you are booking online.
Do you know how to book?
There are only a few steps to do when booking online. Of course, the very first step is to visit the official website of the vehicle for hire company. From there, you need to choose a location where you are going to pick up the vehicle. And then, you also need to specify the date when you need the car. After that, follow the next steps. You need to be very careful in your payment method as well as other feature services that you would like to add. Anyway, you can always call their office to verify or follow up your reservation.
Are you aware about the requirements when hiring a vehicle?
Before finally accepting an agreement with the vehicle for hire company, you have to know their requirements because that is very important.
- You must have a valid driver’s license that you are holding for at least a year. If you are renting a car outside your country, then you have to provide an international driver’s license or permit.
- You must be at least 23 years of age. Anyway, age restriction varies, depending on the type of vehicle that you are going to hire. And then, you must be aware that for some car hire companies, there are surcharges given to customers.
- There are cases, where you might want to cross a border. If you will do that, then you have to inform the car rental company to know if you are restricted from doing that or not. There are car for hire companies, who has routes outside the border. So, it would be best to ask about that.
- If there are mileage policies that the company includes in the rental rates, then you will be charged for additional fees.
- It could have been better if they also offer a Collision Damage Waiver or CDW because that is for you to lessen your expenses or liabilities, if ever you meet an accident.
- If the company is offering a Theft Protection or TP as well as Personal Insurance policies, then that is good.
- You may also ask for the fuel options that they have. Are they going to give you the car with a full tank or will you be the one to fill the fuel?